Beyond the Global Pandemic – The Critical Role of Submarine Cables
The International Cable Protection Committee (ICPC) The ICPC is a non-commercial, nonprofit international community of interest comprising over 170 Member organisations from over 60 countries who are active in the critical activities of regulating, operating, building, securing and maintaining submarine cable infrastructure.
ICPC Members take care of over 90% of the world’s submarine telecoms cable infrastructure, and an increasing number of international submarine power cables.The ICPC Plenary attracts global attendance and provides valuable opportunities to exchange ideas on the planning, installation, operation, protection and maintenance of cables, to learn from colleagues facing similar challenges, and to get up-to-date with environmental and legal aspects of submarine cables. The Plenary Agenda includes presentations, round tables and interviews.
- Critical Infrastructure: New challenges in installing, maintaining and protecting submarine cables during the global pandemic and in the post-pandemic era
- Reliability and Security: How science, engineering, survey and planning developments enhance the reliability of submarine cable systems. Securing critical international infrastructure by working with authorities, stakeholders and other seabed users
- Resilience: Protecting the interests of international telecommunications and power cable system users through collaboration, innovative design and diversified routing
- Sustainability: Advancing science, technology, law, manufacturing, installation and repair so submarine cables remain neutral to benign in the marine environment
- The cut-off date for abstract submission is Friday 19th February 2021.
- Decision notification to presenters by Friday 12th March 2021.
- Pre-recorded presentations to be submitted by 30th April 2021.
- Abstracts can be submitted online by clicking here.
Pre-recorded presentations should be a maximum of 30 minutes long.
The ICPC will evaluate all abstract submissions based on content, relevance and quality.
Presenters will be requested to upload a narrated presentation. By submitting an abstract, you are agreeing to support this format.
Overt marketing presentations will not be accepted. However, one slide stating the presenter’s affiliation and its activities can be included.
Presenters of selected subject matter may also be invited to participate in live panel sessions or interviews.
The ICPC Plenary is a closed event, with virtual attendance by ICPC Members, selected speakers and invited guests. Due to COVID-19, the 2021 Plenary format will be a two-day live virtual event comprised of live panel discussions, roundtables and interviews. The most pertinent and emerging topics facing the submarine cable industry will be discussed through engaging dialogue, questions, and answers. Pre-recorded presentations will be hosted on the dedicated Plenary website for on-going attendee viewing during and after the Plenary event.
For any enquiries regarding the Call for Papers or the Plenary itself, please contact the Secretariat via: firstname.lastname@example.org