The ICPC Plenary attracts global attendance and provides valuable opportunities to exchange ideas on the planning, installation, operation, protection and maintenance of cables, to learn from colleagues facing similar challenges, and to get up-to-date with environmental and legal aspects of submarine cables. The Plenary Agenda includes presentations, round tables and interviews.
2023 ICPC Plenary Theme: Submarine Cable Resilience - Back to Basics
The International Cable Protection Committee (ICPC) is a non-commercial, non-profit international community of interest comprising more than 190 member organisations from 69 countries who are active in the critical activities of building, operating, and maintaining submarine telecommunications and power cable infrastructure. ICPC members represent over 98% of the world’s submarine telecommunications cable infrastructure, and an increasing number of international submarine power cables.
The ICPC is pleased to announce that after three years, we are returning back to an in-person Plenary for 2023. This much awaited-for-event will be held at the NOVOTEL Madrid Center in Madrid, Spain from 18th - 20th April 2023
, inclusive. Under the theme, ‘Submarine Cable Resilience—Back to Basics,’ the ICPC now seeks presentation abstracts that address the foundational aspects of cable protection, forming the basis of resilient cable infrastructure. Recommended topics include, but are not limited to the following:
Other topics are also welcomed!
- Advances in submarine cable protection and resilience
- Undersea cable sensing technology
- Fishing practices and regulations—impact to cable routing and marine operations
- Marine spatial planning
- Submarine cables and marine biodiversity
- Submarine cables for fixed and floating offshore renewables
- Developments in power cables—protection and maintenance
- Marine user cooperation on the increasingly busy seabed
- Route and landing site diversity
- Physical infrastructure security
- Permitting and regulatory best practices
Having the opportunity to meet in-person once again will provide tremendous benefits for members, presenters, and exhibitors. The Plenary, a cornerstone event for our organisation, attracts global attendance and has always provided valuable opportunities to exchange ideas on the planning, installation, operation, protection and maintenance of cables, to learn from colleagues facing similar challenges, and to get up to date with environmental and legal aspects of submarine cables, and the 2023 ICPC Plenary will be no different. The Plenary agenda includes presentations, round tables, keynote interviews, exhibits and networking opportunities.
Abstracts can be submitted online by clicking here
- Presentations should be a maximum of 25 minutes long, including approximately 5 minutes for questions and answers, formatted in accordance with the ICPC guidelines that will be provided.
- The ICPC will evaluate all submissions based on content, relevance, and quality.
- Overt marketing presentations will not be accepted. One slide stating the presenter’s affiliation and its activities can be included at the beginning or end of the presentation.
- Abstracts due by:
13th January 2023 Wednesday, 25th January
- Notification to presenters by: Friday, 10th February 2023
See you in Madrid!