EGS - Current Representative Mr. Graham EvansVice-Chairman:
Verizon - Current Representative Mr. Nigel IrvineCompany Secretary:
Current Representative Mr. Keith SchofieldHQ Location:
United Kingdom (UK)ICPC Established in the UK:
22 May 1958Funding:
Membership Fees £2200 per yearMembership of ICPC:
As of April 2016, more than 150 Members from over 60 CountriesMembership Availability:
Subject to satisfying the criteria that are defined with the ICPC Membership Agreement, membership of is available to Submarine Cable Owners, Submarine Cable Maintenance Authorities, Submarine Cable System Manufacturers, Cable Ship Operators, Submarine Cable Route Survey Companies and Governments. Associate Membership is available to any organization or individual that has an interest in the submarine cable industry, wishes to be informed about its development and wants to support the ICPC in achieving its goals. Join ICPC PageManagement Structure:
An Executive Committee is elected to represent the membership as the customers of ICPC Ltd. The latter is a non-profit corporation that helps to protect submarine cables from man-made and natural hazards via delivery of the following services:
Competition Law Code of Conduct:
- Producing and maintaining industry recommendations that define the minimum standards for cable route planning, installation, operation, maintenance and protection.
- Facilitating the exchange of technical, environmental and legal information pertaining to submarine cable systems.
- Responding to general enquiries on matters relating to international law and environmental issues in relation to submarine cables.
- Monitoring of emerging legislation and providing information wherever necessary to protect the legal rights of submarine cables.
- Promoting awareness of the strategic, economic and social benefits of submarine cables, especially to Government agencies, the fishing industry and other seabed users.
- Sponsorship of projects and/or programmes that are agreed to be beneficial for the protection of submarine cable systems.
- Providing relevant information to prospective new cable owners to encourage the adoption of minimum industry standards.
- Facilitating effective communication between the members of the ICPC and the leading suppliers of technology in the submarine cable industry.
- Developing and maintaining a website to serve the common interest of the ICPC's members via public and private (password protected) areas.
- Developing affiliations with other international associations representing seabed users.
All ICPC Members and each of their Representatives are expected to read the ICPC Competition Law Code of Conduct [?]
and undertake to adhere to the commitments it sets out. Further information concerning the background to this Code of Conduct can be obtained from the Secretary
. On the 9th October 2012, the ICPC's Executive Committee, Legal and Environmental Advisors, General Manager and Secretariat participated in a training session on the UK Bribery Act.Publications:
Promotional films, warning charts and literature on cable protection issues, either directly or through individual members. Publications page
Plenary meeting of ICPC Members usually held during second quarter of each year.Contact:
All communications with ICPC initially via the Secretary